Why Living Sustainably is so important
There's no doubt that we need to take steps to live more sustainably. Not only this will protect our environment, but it will also help reduce our reliance on fossil fuels and other resources. Here are just a few reasons why living sustainably is so important:
1) It helps preserve our planet for future generations.
2) It reduces our carbon footprint and helps fight climate change.
3) It saves us money in the long run by reducing our energy consumption.
4) It increases our self-reliance by helping us become more self-sufficient.
5) It promotes healthy lifestyles and sustainable practices.
6) It encourages community cohesion and creates a sense of belonging.
All of that is fantastic but it can be really overwhelming on where to start. Don’t try and do it all at once, one tiny change can make an impact. So start small with something that can be an easy wine.
Our first step was implementing organic food. It was easy to switch over to organic. It forced us to be more strategic in our buying and meal planning.
Next, we started to eliminate processed foods. This took longer and was certainly harder for our teenager. So we picked off the low-hanging fruit. Sweets and potato chips were easy to get out of the pantry.
Now we are tackling our plastic consumption and reducing chemicals in our house. This we do little by little because it is a huge undertaking.
Just remember whatever you decide to start with to create a more sustainable lifestyle, give yourself some grace. Life is a big juggling act and if you aren’t having fun with your lifestyle changes you are putting too much stress on it. Remember every little adjustment counts!